Fleets for the Future
Public sector fleets can now buy or lease alternative fuel or electric vehicles at a discount through Fleets for the Future.
What is Fleets for the Future?
Fleets for the Future (F4F) is a national partnership of regional councils, Clean Cities coalitions, and industry experts led by the National Association of Regional Councils and funded by the U.S. Department of Energy Clean Cities Program.
The partnership is designed to consolidate bulk orders of alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) and their related infrastructure to reduce purchase costs for public fleets. Fleets interested in participating can expect reduced incremental costs on hybrids, propane, electric, and natural gas-powered vehicles, and refueling and charging infrastructure.
What Types of Alternative Fuel Vehicles Are Available Through F4F?
- Refuse trucks
- Shuttles, school buses
- Bi-fuel police vehicles
- PHEV or BEV sedans (e.g. for pooled vehicles, inspectors)
- Upfits to hybridize medium & heavy-duty vehicle
- Pickup trucks
- Delivery vehicles
- Utility body trucks (e.g. F-450 and up)
You can learn more and view the available vehicle options here.
How Can Public Fleets Get Involved?
By signing up with other public fleets, F4F can help you build and expand your AFV fleet at discounted rates. Please fill out this contact form and someone from the F4F team will direct you to the best procurement options.
During October 2017, Zenith and National Auto Fleet Group will be offering an additional discount on vehicles through F4F. To learn more, visit F4F's website.
National Procurement for Private Fleets
This initiative is for public fleets only at this time. Fleets for the Future is currently developing options for private fleets to buy or lease AFVs at a discount -- more details are expected soon.
Resources and Links
- Visit fleetsforthefuture.org for more information on the project and our various procurement initiatives.
- Visit National Join Powers Alliance's website for a list of available vendors and to explore AFV vehicle options.
- View F4F best practice guides for gaseous fuel and electric vehicle procurement, procurement financing, and fleet transition planning.
- Follow F4F on Twitter at @Fleets4Future for exciting news and updates!