Other Contacts for Air Quality Complaints

Agricultural / Farm


King, Kitsap, and Snohomish counties:

Pierce County:

Note: If an odor is a result of agricultural activities, as defined by law, it may be exempt under RCW 70.94.640.


Washington State Department of Agriculture
Phone: 877-301-4555

Airplane Fuel Odors

Federal Aviation Administration
Phone: 425-227-2000

Indoor Air


Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
Phone: 360-902-5316
Phone: 866-219-7321


Washington State Department of Health
Phone: 360-236-4700

American Lung Association
Phone: 206-441-5100
Phone: 800-732-9339


Washington State Department of Health
Phone: 360-236-4700

Lead Abatement

Your Local Health Department

Department of Commerce
Email the Department of Commerce
Phone: 360-586-5323

Natural Gas Odors

Puget Sound Energy
Phone: 888-225-5773
Emergency: 911

Noise Complaints

Contact your local city or county government offices.

Outdoor Burning

Fire departments are the main contact for outdoor burning. They may decide to refer outdoor burning complaints to the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency for investigation and enforcement. Visit our Outdoor Burning page to learn about outdoor burning rules.

Your Local Fire Department
If the Fire is in Progress, Call 911

Restaurant smoke and Odors

The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency does not regulate restaurant emissions. Contact your local county/city permit office. The Municipal Research and Services Center (MRSC) website may provide some helpful information.

A list of wood-fired commercial cooking best practices is available:


Vehicle Exhaust

Washington State Department of Ecology
Phone: 800-272-3780